Monday, July 07, 2008
Day 1 - Fort Collins to Grand Teton National Park
Day 1 –
I spent the morning awaking nervously to all of the things that we had yet to pack. I think for the most part we were about set, due to the fact that the last three days of life had revolved mostly around getting ready for this trip.
I do spend half a day at work on Tuesday morning, though, and manage to leave around noon with my mind and attitude ready to simply leave the moment I got back through the door.
We made it out around 2:30, though, which actually is not that bad. It took us about 7 and a half hours to get up to the Tetons through the winding and mostly uphill road through Wyoming, which meant it was roughly 10 when we realized that staying at our friend’s Lindsey & Brandons for the night was still an hour away… and we were pooped. A quick call to Mr. Adam Sanders, who is currently holed up at the climbers ranch that is actually in the National Park revealed a much closer, relatively cheap bunk that was much closer. The night ended with a shared hot chocolate and listening to the harrowing climbing tales that Adam and his new friends at the ranch were currently cataloguing through the summer. We like Adam a lot, and like climbing with Adam a lot too – but goodness me do I not believe we have the stuff to mountanier up into the Tetons. Unreal.
We eventually found our (shared) single bunk in a cabin already occupied by 4 others, only one of which who snored louder than I want to ever re-live. Guh.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment